Dawn’s Daughter envisions a world where young women will have clear paths and opportunities for finding their voices and learning the skills necessary to achieve their goals. Young women will increasingly take their place in leadership roles across the world, unafraid and unintimidated to make decisions, no matter where they are, that will improve the quality of life for everyone. We are developing the next generation of leaders.
The mission of Dawn’s Daughter is to empower girls and women, of all backgrounds and abilities, to set high goals and make positive life choices that will enable them to maximize/reach their full potential.
We will accomplish our mission through character development, building personal core values, self-esteem, effective leadership development training, mentoring, seminars, workshops and conferences, speakers’ series, experts’ academies, mentorship programs, community service and scholarships.
The purpose of Dawn’s Daughter is:
- to empower young women to become independent, confident, and responsible decision makers
- to provide life-changing programs and experiences that inspire girls and young women to be able to overcome difficult challenges while maximizing their full potential and become more successful in their personal and professional lives
- to help students develop the values, principles and ethics that are respected, admired and accepted in all cultures around the world
- to provide leadership opportunities, help build self-esteem, character, and create a culture of collaboration between mentors, peers, and the broader community
- to give girls the tools to make positive life choices and a sense of their own personal power
- to help young women develop skills critical to being financially savvy and to becoming economically independent
- to instill in young women the value of community service and giving back
- to provide scholarships to young women for higher education
- to empower parents to take a more active role in their children’s lives so that their children may become more successful in their lives
- to educate women and families about fitness and healthy lifestyles
- to help underserved families by providing clothing, food, furniture and other household items
We value and expect to see the full range of human qualities attributed to girls, including but not limited to the following:
- Sense of Community
- Making a Difference
- Commitment to Excellence